Below is a list of my research papers and ongoing research activity. I usually post a working paper version and a (gated) link to the publication.
Publications/Submissions (see links)
- The evolution and metamorphoses of national wealth in large developing economies: wealth-income ratios in India 1860-2012
Link coming soon!
- Capital and the Hindu rate of growth: Wealth concentration in newly independent India 1961-1986 (submitted)
Link to paper (New! SSRN WP Aug 2017)
- Demand driven growth and two class capital distribution with applications to the United States with Christian Schoder and Siavash Radpour Link to paper
Revision resubmitted at Structural Change and Economic Dynamics.
- Two class statistical distribution of income in India: Evidence from 2012-13 income tax data Link to paper
Economic and Political Weekly, Volume 52 (2017).
- Wage increases, transfers, and the socially determined income distribution in the USA with Lance Taylor, Armon Rezai and Nelson Barbosa Link to paper
Review of Keynesian Economics, Volume 5 (2017).
Media mentions: Huffington Post 1 and Huffington Post 2
- Personal savings from top incomes and household wealth accumulation in the United States: Results from disaggregated national accounts Link to paper
International Journal of Political Economy, Volume 45 (2016).
- United States size distribution and the macroeconomy 1986-2009 with Lance Taylor, Armon Rezai, Laura Carvalho and Nelson Barbosa Link to book
Appears in Damill, M., Rapetti, M. and Rozenwurcel, G. eds., 2016. Macroeconomics and Development: Roberto Frenkel and the Economics of Latin America. Columbia University Press.
Work in progress (some manuscripts may be available on request)
- Returns to accumulated capital in independent India (ongoing)
- Temporal evolution of income classes in India since 1990 (ongoing)