Publications/Ongoing Research (see links)
- Poor country, rich history, many lessons: the evolution of wealth-income ratios in India 1860-2012.
Link to paper (New! January 2018)
Short (blog) summary on:
LSE South Asia,
- Capital and the Hindu rate of growth: Wealth concentration in newly independent India 1961-1986
Link to paper
Short (blog) summary on: Developing Economics
Press Cover: Livemint, The Hindu, (I4I) Ideas for India, Business Standard
- Demand driven growth and two class capital distribution with applications to the United States with Christian Schoder and Siavash Radpour Link to paper
Revision resubmitted at Structural Change and Economic Dynamics.
- Two class statistical distribution of income in India: Evidence from 2012-13 income tax data Link to paper
Economic and Political Weekly, Volume 52 (2017).
- Wage increases, transfers, and the socially determined income distribution in the USA with Lance Taylor, Armon Rezai and Nelson Barbosa Link to paper
Review of Keynesian Economics, Volume 5 (2017).
Media mentions: Huffington Post 1 and Huffington Post 2
- Personal savings from top incomes and household wealth accumulation in the United States: Results from disaggregated national accounts Link to paper
International Journal of Political Economy, Volume 45 (2016).
- United States size distribution and the macroeconomy 1986-2009 with Lance Taylor, Armon Rezai, Laura Carvalho and Nelson Barbosa Link to book
Appears in Damill, M., Rapetti, M. and Rozenwurcel, G. eds., 2016. Macroeconomics and Development: Roberto Frenkel and the Economics of Latin America. Columbia University Press.
Work in progress
- India macro-historical database (ongoing)
- An inequality-development paradox (ongoing)